TELANGANA, INDIA: In a shocking incident in the Indian city of Hyderabad, an eight-year-old boy was bitten by a rat inside a McDonald’s. The boy’s father filed a complaint with the police, who registered the case. The incident went viral when the boy’s father shared CCTV footage of the incident which took place in the restaurant on Twitter. Savio Henriques had described the rat as being about the size of a “little puppy”, according to the filed police report.
Henriques had said he had gone to eat at the outlet with his wife and son when the rat ran out of the toilet and came straight for his son, eight-year-old Dwayne. The child screamed in horror as the rat climbed up his leg and bit him. He quickly stepped forward to help his child by picking up the rat and throwing it away before comforting the little boy. According to Times Now, Henriques said the shocking incident left his wife and son mentally scarred and “traumatized”. He also made sure to let it be known that the staff members did nothing to help and just watched what was going on.
Wife bites husband’s penis in fit of rage after he refuses to remove rat from hospital victim’s room
Rat bites, overwork, Covid-19: Chipotle’s exploitation of workers over the years leaves a bad taste in your mouth
A boy suffered bleeding wounds from a rat bite
Henriques had posted the incident on his Twitter account and tagged government authorities with the McDonald’s page themselves, calling for action to be taken against the outlet for their inaction.
RODENT ATTACK ON CHILD at McDonald’s Restaurant Ground Floor, SPG Hotel, Kompally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500096.@McDonalds @mcdonaldsindia @consumercourtin @PiyushGoyalOffc @director_food @AFCGHMC @fooddeptgoi @TOIIndiaNews @TOIHyderabad @ABPNews @ndtv @ChildWelfareGov pic.twitter. com/wrjeQgAiBh
— Savio H (@SHenrixs) March 10, 2023
In the complaint, Henriques, an army veteran, said his son suffered bleeding thigh wounds from the rat bite. He took his son to hospital for medical assistance, where the boy was given rabies and tetanus injections.
Twitter erupts due to poor management of the point of sale
Henriques’ tweet also contained photos and videos of the incident. He also posted photos of his son’s injury as well as CCTV footage of the incident, along with scanned photos of his formal complaint. One user commented, “Shocking and scary. I hope kid is doing well.
Another user slammed the authorities for the lack of inspections, writing, “Area inspector must visit restaurants and hotels in his area for inspection.” Another user said, “This is shocking. This means the food in the kitchens of @mcdonaldsindia is compromised. We don’t know what is going on in these kitchens. Such a blatant breach of trust.
Shocking and scary😱. Hope Kiddo is doing well 💝
— GITA 🇮🇳 (@GitaSKapoor_) March 10, 2023
After irregularities and mismanagement, your team responds
The area inspector must visit restaurants and hotels in the area for inspection
— Syed Meraj Nawab (@nawab_meraj) March 10, 2023
It’s shocking. This means the food in the kitchens of @mcdonaldsindia is compromised. We don’t know what’s going on in those kitchens. So blatant breach of trust.
— Sampatti Kadu (@SampattiKadu) March 10, 2023
The authorities act quickly
The outrage had spurred the food safety authorities into action, as they sent their officials to carry out an inspection of the premises. A report has also been submitted on the inspection, which will be reviewed for further action. Assistant Food Controller GHMC also tweeted about the incident, attaching photos of the inspection in progress.
The relevant Food Safety Officer inspected the premises and a report was submitted for action.
— Assistant Food Controller GHMC (@AFCGHMC) March 10, 2023
This article contains comments made on the Internet by individuals and organizations. cannot independently confirm them and does not support any claims or opinions made online.